As a club officer, would you like to #LeaveALegacy for the incoming team?
Here are practical things you can do to achieve that:
· Meet your club’s goals early and not aim for June 30
· Ensure each club officer finds a successor
· Aim to have your club officer elections before May 31.
· Do a proper handover to the incoming team
· Submit the 2019/2020 Club Officer List by June 30
· Share the club officer manuals with the incoming team
· Share any tools, tricks and resources you found useful during your team of office.
Towards the end of June, I find that some club officers are still busy working on ensuring the club meets its goals by June 30. As a result we often don’t do proper handover. We sometimes even forget that we need to elect the new executive team. So we rush it don’t always ensure each person elected is suited for that role. Some clubs even miss out on submitting the club officer list. To avoid some of this common pitfalls, I suggest implementing the above listed points. You will be able to #LeavingALegacy for the incoming club executive committee and set them up for success!
Njabulo Thela, DTM