All you need to know about club proxies.
International proxie will be available from August 2018.
District 74 proxie for May Conference will be available from February 2018.
At the district council business meeting, each club President and Vice President Education in attendance is entitled to one vote. However, if either or both officers cannot attend, they may designate, in writing, any other active member of their club to act as a proxy or proxies for their club. No other proxies are valid at this meeting, per Article X: Council Meetings, Quorum, Proxies, and Voting (a) Proxies of the District Administrative Bylaws.
In the event one of these officers does not attend the meeting and has not designated in writing an active member of the club to act as his or her proxy, the officer or proxy holder in attendance is deemed to hold the proxy of the other, and may therefore cast two votes at the meeting. This assures that every club is represented by two votes.
In addition, each District officer, including Area Directors, in attendance is entitled to one vote. Only District Executive committee members carrying both credential or proxy certificates from their club are allowed three votes. All other members are limited to a maximum of two votes each.
|Appointed office||Can I assign
|To my Area or Division
Director or a member
|What if my Area or
Division Director or
member of Cabinet
is a member of my club?
|If I am a member
of two or more clubs?
|Member of Cabinet||No||No||No||No|
Questions and answers
- Q: What is the maximum number of votes any one person may carry?
- I am VPE and my President forgot to give me his/her proxy. What must I do?
A: You may "assume" your President's proxy and carry 2 votes
- Q: I am President and my VPE forgot to give me his/her proxy. What must I do?
A: You may "assume" your VPE's proxy and carry 2 votes
- Q: I belong to 2 clubs and I am the only member from both who can attend the meeting. Can I carry the proxy for both VPEs and Presidents?
A: No. You may carry a total of 2 votes only.
- Q: I am President (or VPE) and the District Director (or any other Cabinet member) is a member of my club. May he/she carry my proxy?
A: Yes, up to a maximum of 3 votes including their own.
- Q: I am President of Club A and VPE of Club B. Joe from Club A is attending conference. May Joe carry my proxy for President and VPE?
A: Joe may carry only the proxy of the club he is a member of unless he is a member of both clubs too.
- Q: Can I submit my proxy to the Credentials Officer by SMS?
A: No. The proxy must be in writing with the officer's signature, or in a format that can be easily printed on paper such as the Formstack online format
- Q: I did sign the register and received my ballot papers but I left them in my hotel room. Can I still vote?
A: You may participate in the "show of hands" votes, but not the secret written vote which requires the red numbered yellow ballot sheet.
- Q: We have started a new club and hope it will charter in the week before Conference. Can their President and VPE be included in the voting?
A: Yes, provided WHQ has received the payment and issued the club with their charter number, they are in good standing and may vote.
- Q: Our club's Treasurer forgot to pay our club's dues. May we still vote?
A: No, you have to be a member in good standing (paid the dues of the October 2016 period). Your club must also be in good standing (8 paid up members, of which at least 3 are renewing, or a club chartered since 1 May 2016).